10 Brain-Based Strategies to Help Children Handle Their Emotions
Bridging the Gap Between What Experts Know & What Happens at Home & School
Bridging the Gap between What Experts Know and What Happens at Home & School
In this recording, best-selling author Tina Payne Bryson (co-author with Dan Siegel of The Whole-Brain Child) discusses how to increase the effectiveness of your treatment by working with parents to reduce the backwards steps taken when a child leaves the therapy office or classroom.
Using stories, case examples, and plenty of humor, Dr. Bryson explains ten simple, scientifically grounded strategies that will help children handle their emotions and make better decisions-even in high-stress moments. You will learn how to accurately assess a child’s temperament and the key questions to provide a great understanding of family dynamics and parenting styles. Walk away from this recording with the tools to improve outcomes by working more effectively with the entire family as part of the process.
Format: DVD Video – 1-2 hours
Details: Multi-disc DVD recording (1 hour, 30 minutes) with electronic manual and instructions.
Author: TINA PAYNE BRYSON, PH.D.
- How much does context matter?
- Communicate comfort rather than threat
- Decrease emotional reactivity through a sensory motor lens
Creative questions that reveal more about a child’s:
- Family life
- Parenting they are receiving
Emphasize the parental basics:
Teach parents how to more effectively deal with their child’s behavior
- Understand when to “lean into” a behavior instead of trying to extinguish it
- Wait for the teachable moment, and know when to avoid talking about feelings and problems
- Uncover and challenge parents’ theories about their children’s reactivity and behavior
- Allow development to happen, even if it’s not on our preferred schedule
There are no related products at this time.