Expert author, trainer, and therapist Dr. Lane Pederson answers the call with a session that highlights DBT essentials. Complete with a session introduction and post-session analysis, Dr. Pederson effectively demonstrates:
- The use of treatment structure to provide containment and focus, including the use of the treatment hierarchy
- The incorporation of mindfulness
- The use of the diary card to prioritize and set an agenda when presented with multiple problems
- The development of awareness and skill-building with behavioral analysis
- The use of homework to apply skills outside of treatment
Strengths-based and client-centered, Dr. Pederson illuminates DBT with veracity that will improve the practice of DBT therapists of all levels.