Since advances in neuroscience and attachment theory have led to an increasing appreciation of the centrality of emotions in human relationships, it’s ironic that therapists are so often intimidated by the raw power of clients’ feelings.
This workshop will guide you through the process of helping clients tap into their deepest emotional reserves as a positive force for shaping growth and transformation. Through exercises and viewing sessions of Emotionally Focused Therapy, you’ll develop skills to use in therapy.
Format: DVD Video – 2-4 hours
Details: Multi-disc DVD recording (4 hours) with electronic manual and instructions.
Authors: SUSAN JOHNSON, ED.D., MARLENE BEST, PH.D.
Overview of emotionally focused therapy (EFT)
- Understanding EFT as an experiential approach
- Creating a bonding and attachment environment in therapy
- Discover the 5 basic moves of EFT
- Learn EFT’s core assumptions
- Analyze the attachment theory
Concluding remarks with Sue Johnson and Marlene Best
- Techniques to softening EFT
- Comparing the effectiveness of co-regulation versus self-regulation